The five elements of Celestial Communication:
(1) Only the arms and upper body move. The navel point and lower chakras are stabilized. You can sit or stand, but only as long as the lower body does not move. Celestial Communication is working on the 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th chakras, as well as the aura, and this is part of what makes it a "celestial" meditation.
(2) The movement is created to mantra or uplifting spiritual songs. The movement can be created by anyone, as long as it has the feeling of the song and the sound current in it. The goal is to embody the mantra/song and to use the body as an instrument to "sing" it.
(3) When practicing with another person or a group, there is one leader, and the other person(s) follows and mirrors the leader. So when the leader is moving her right arm, the follower is moving her or his left. Yogi Bhajan said that if you don't have anyone to practice Celestial Communication with, try doing it in a mirror with yourself, or even sitting in front of a tree to practice.
(4) Your eyes are open. This is an alert form of meditation; you remain aware of yourself, your movements, and the Celestial Communication leader/teacher.
(5) The Celestial Communication should move the fingertips, and move the hands and arms through the space around you. The movement of the fingertips through the air moves the prana, which stimulates the neurons in the brain for deep relaxation. The hand and arm movements through the air around you strengthens and brightens the aura. One common mistake I see is that there is not enough actual movement to produce these effects of Celestial Communication. When all of these elements are present, the Radiant Body is also strengthened.
These are the five elements of Celestial Communication. There is an infinite amount of creative potential using these five guidelines. You can sing if you like, or just let your body be the instrument. And, you can smile if you like!
If I missed anything in this list, or if you have any questions about the 5 elements of Celestial Communication, please comment here. I'd love to hear from you!
Sat Nam & blessings.